Clearflow Silt Collection Mat
Clearflow Silt Collection Mats capture over 40kg of sediment per mat.
Clearflow Silt Collection Mats are fully biodegradable, with correct permissions can be seeded and left on site, creating an environmental enhancement and avoiding disposal costs.
- Silt Mat captures over 40kg of sediment per mat.
- Proven in the field to reduce downstream levels of suspended solids
- Silt Mat is a fully biodegradable mat that captures and prevents sediment re-suspension.
- The mats can be placed in natural or artificial channels, ditches or directly on land to trap suspended sediments.
- Silt Mat can be orientated sideways or length ways and fits into all channel types.
- Silt Mats are mainly used to manage sediment release to watercourses from construction sites.
- Drainage from construction sites
- River restoration and maintenance operations
- Used in artificial dispersion fields
- Forestry and agricultural operations
- Runoff attenuation features
- Can be used as a planned or reactive sediment control measure
- As a rule of thumb, Silt Mat is best placed in areas where stream energy is reduced and natural deposition takes place.
- Silt Mat is unfolded and orientated to cover the width of the channel. The edges of silt mat can be overlaid without gaps. Mats are staked in place or weighted with local material.
- Silt Mat will trap large amounts of sediment.
- Stakes or weights are removed and the mats rolled up ready for disposal.
- With correct permission Silt Mat can be seeded and left on site, creating an environmental enhancement and avoiding disposal costs.